City Hall was one of the few buildings to survive the bombardment in 1940. Queen Wilhelmina laid the first stone in 1915. The listed building in Beaux Art style with Byzantine, Roman and Art Deco influences is symmetrically structured around an inner courtyard which can be reached via the street that ‘intersects’ City Hall. The richly decorated façade features various sculptures. The mayor’s office is on the first floor of the right corner pavilion.