Step by step
Due to the coronavirus everyone in The Netherlands has to keep a minimum distance of 1,5 meters to one another – unless they belong to the same family – and avoid busy places. Supermarkets and most shops are open (again). Restaurants and bars, museums, theaters or public meeting places such as galleries and attractions are closed until June 1. If the virus remains under control, the following will be possible as of 1 June:
- cafés and restaurants may reopen outdoor seating areas as long as people can stay 1.5 metres apart;
- cinemas, restaurants, cafés and cultural institutions (such as concert venues and theatres) will reopen, subject to certain conditions:
– a maximum of 30 people (excluding staff). People must be able to stay 1.5 metres apart;
– visitors must reserve beforehand;
– the owner will discuss with customers beforehand whether their visit entails risks;
- museums and heritage sites will reopen. Visitors must buy tickets beforehand, to ensure people can stay 1.5 metres apart.
Visit this page for the most recent updates around the COVID-19 virus.